We enjoyed our trip very much. Dealing with the staff of the Travel All Russia was so pleasant. They were friendly, helpful and professional. Great thanks to our travel specialist, the Visa Service and the Logistical team. The logistics throughout the trip was spot on.
We loved Moscow and the Golden Ring. All hotels were excellent except Nevsky Forum Hotel.
Our guide in Moscow was the most passionate tour guide we've ever met. Her English was good and clear. She was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, and had a great sense of humor. She recommended things for us to do and where to eat after the tour every day. She took us to great lunch stops. She showed us additional sights when time permitted. She was fantastic.
Our guide in the Golden Ring was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Her stories were interesting.
But not so lucky in St. Petersburg, she was not that good. She had a heavy accent and was quite boring (like she was reading from a script). Our tour ended about 1 to 2 hours earlier than scheduled every day. No recommendation from her until the last day of the tour.
1) Drivers to speak a little more English
2) Should have arranged baggage storage at the hotel for the trip to the Golden Ring
3) Provide info on how to look for platform# at the Ladozhsky train station
4) Allow time (e.g. 30 mins) to walk around on your own in the museums or galleries (e.g. Tretyakov Gallery)
5) Allow a little more time at the Peterhof and the Catherine's Palace (may be our tour guide did not give us enough time as we were back at the hotel between 2 & 2:30 pm!)
6) wish that we were advised to stay in the same hotel so that we could store our baggage and just take a carry-on for our trip to Kizhi Island.
Thank you so much for arranging such a wonderful trip to Russia for us.
Alice & Family
Tours related to this review
RUSSIAN VISAS Treat yourself to the award-winning program that includes the highlights of Scandinavian cities and fjords combined with Russia's two stunning capitals.
COMPLIMENTARY VISAS Traverse the main sights connected with the Russian October Revolution of 1917, see Lenin's secret apartment and hideaways, the Smolny Bolshevik headquarters and places holding the secrets of the exile of the Russian royal family
COMPLIMENTARY VISAS Follow the traces of the Russian Revolution while exploring Moscow and St. Petersburg sights in 9 days. Find out many secrets of the revolution leader, Lenin, and get an insight of the life of the Russian royal Romanov family.
COMPLIMENTARY VISAS Step back in time to learn about Lenin and the Russian Imperial Romanovs family with our thematic Revolution Tour, in one week explore major revolutionary attractions in Moscow & St. Petersburg.
- 1 of 2